K.C. Electric Association will award and/or administer the following scholarships:


  • (two)-$1,000 Scholarships from K.C. Electric Association
  • (three)-$750 Scholarships from K.C. Electric Association- 1 $750.00 will be considered for a Trade or Technical School, if no eligible applicants, it will be awarded as a general scholarship.
  • (one)-$1,000 Scholarship from Basin Power Cooperative
  • (two)-$500 Scholarships from Tri-State Generation & Transmission Association


Letters and application forms will go out to high school counselors in the beginning of each school year. You may get application forms by contacting your school counselor, calling Member Services, or downloading the application below. Your application must be received or no later than  February 9, 2023 by 5:30 p.m. 

 Note: Any partial or incomplete application will not be accepted or considered. Any application received after deadline will not be considered. If application is postmarked by deadline date it will be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS.


Mail your application to:

K.C. Electric Association
ATTN: George Ehlers- Manager Member Services
PO Box 8
Hugo, CO 80821

Scholarship Program Requirements

  • Complete the application, attaching additional sheets, if needed.
  • You must be a high school Senior with a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
  • Enclose your most recent notarized high school academic transcript of school seal on it.
  • Enclose a copy of your college entrance examination scores (ACT and/or SAT).
  • Enclose your written essay (details of essay are in the application).
  • Enclose one letter of reference from a teacher, counselor, or employer.
  • A Parent or legal guardian(s) must be receiving electric service from KC Electric Association.
  • Please enclose a recent photo of yourself, (photo needs to be at least 4"x 4", preferably a glossy color photo, please try to refrain from a photocopy or one with logos from a photography studio on them, it is too hard to crop and cut these types of photos.

Scholarship may be used at any college, university, or trade school.